Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Supersonic. Or, Rather, Ultra.

Not much changed in the job department.  Still no word back from the lounge about the supposed new position, despite several attempts to contact them via email, Facebook and phone, but until he actually gives me any official word, all I can do is bug them.  And I will keep pestering them until I get a reply, whether the answer is good or bad.

Those of you who know me best probably know I have the patience to do this for years, if necessary.

I have a few extra hours at the store, at least.  That means I have a whole 9 hours of work this week, possibly more if I'm able to pick up a shift on Saturday.  It's a start.

This has been a busy week, otherwise.  Job fair yesterday (where I ran into one of the administrators over at Crescent and decided to ask about reinstating myself on the job placement list), interview with a staffing agency tomorrow (for office, writing and bar work placement) and had a venal and arterial ultrasound on my leg today to see what could be wrong.  They found nothing, of course, so that's partially good news.

With some of the stress off my mind, I've been able to focus on a couple of mixology competitions.  I'm looking into two different contests right now.  Of course, I'll have to do these using Crescent School as my sponsor since I have no idea what my employment status is at the lounge, but the administrator at Crescent seemed more-than-happy to allow me to use their facilities for the competitions.  Thank goodness for being a decent student in the art of the cocktail!  I may even be a bit of a show-off and dabble in molecular mixology for these contests.

I'm also finishing up with the prologue to what should turn out to be a 22-chapter high-concept fantasy novel, should each chapter go according to plan.  In addition, I'm going to start working out the kinks in a cyberpunk story project I've been researching for years.  I thought about making this project a novel also, but I thought it'd be more fun to write several short stories (or, perhaps, a few novellas) based in the same fictional city.

Until the next update, wish me luck!

No comments: